Many brides book their facial in the week of their wedding… now this is a huge mistake. Facials draw out all of the nasty toxins from your pores to the surface of your skin. As a result, you’ll notice your skin breaks out shortly after a facial – which is the last thing you want just days before you walk down the aisle.
So what should a bride do in the lead up to the big day? Here is a brief guideline to start 3 months out from your wedding day, to ensure you have the glowing skin that you have always dreamed of!
– Book an appointment with a dermatologist. They’ll examine your skin and recommend the correct products for your skin type.
– Purchase any recommended products. However, keep in mind that when you start using new skin care products, it is common that you may break out until your skin gets used to the products. This is why we leave plenty of time before the big day!
– Start a routine. Keep your fingers off your face, clean your makeup brushes and your pillowcases weekly. Bacteria causes breakouts so try to eliminate them in every area you can.
– If it fits into your budget you could consider microdermabrasion treatments monthly. These treatments use a gentle process; crystals are accelerated onto the skin’s surface to abrade layers of dead and damaged skin cells. The results are immediate. Your skin will be looking more youthful and stress-free!
– Have 2 facials in the lead up to your wedding. The first one should be booked a month out and the second, two weeks out. A facial cleans, exfoliates and nourishes the skin, which promotes a clear, hydrated complexion.
– Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of fluids. Water helps keep your skin moisturised and it also helps with stress levels! If you are stressed, you are more likely to break out… so ensure you schedule in some much-needed relaxation time.